Sydney, Redux

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So I'm off to Sydney again in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited, though I likely won't have any time to venture out of the city. I'm still hoping to log a few hours wandering throughout the CBD, which is where I'll be staying.

Just to torture myself a bit more, I thought I'd talk about some of the things that I want to do in Sydney/Australia.

First, the Sydney Bridge Climb. It's freakin' sweet. They basically harness you to each other (and presumably to the bridge) and let you climb over Darling Harbor. I need to get a friend or family member to go with me on one of these trips, and we'll definitely have to do this.



Next, I want to snorkel in the Whitsundays. The Whitsundays are a string of islands off of the North East coast of Australia. They are part of the larger Great Barrier Reef. The last time I went to Sydney, I strongly considered spending a few days here. You can get on these relatively small sail boats that go amongst all of the small islands, and snorkel to your hearts content. *Sigh*



Finally, I'd love to someday take part in the Great Australian Cattle Drive. Let's be honest, this one is easily the biggest stretch for me. I'm not great on horseback, nor do I have the stamina to be on horseback for days at a time. However, this is definitely on my list of things to do before I die.


I'm excited for my upcoming trip, but I'll definitely be more excited when I'm able to cross one of these off of my list :)

0 comments: