Tomato Adventure!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So last night I talked for over an hour with my mother in law. She's super cool, and we haven't talked for a long time, so it was fun to catch up. I told her I wanted to have tomatoes, but waited too long. She told me that I should just buy bigger plants that are further along. All of a sudden I was like, "Oh, duh Gina!"

So today I went to the local nursery and bought two plants and containers to plant them in. I got two varieties, both of which I've heard are good. Ace variety, which is described as an old favorite. It looks like it will produce a very large, traditional tomato. I also got Early Girls, which is supposed to be great as well.

So tonight I planted them, watered profusely, and gave them some tomato food. I'm sure I'll obsess about them as much as I have with my lemons and limes :) I also got two kinds of basil and one kind of mint. My new summer goal: home-made mojitos and bruschetta!!!

0 comments: